Plants For Your Pits - A New Kind of Natural Deodorant
Join the Revolution!
Ladies and gentlemen, we’re going to be a bit verbose here because we’re excited, but we’re not being hyperbolic when we say that this new line of deodorants is revolutionary. It is the start of a really exciting journey for us and may change the way you think about (and what you expect from) your everyday skin and body care.
What if we could increase our health and wellness by simply switching out a product we already use every day?
You can! It turns out, because of the high absorption rate of the skin in our armpits, you can make a deodorant that does so much more than just fight wetness and control odor.
So, we’ve been hitting the books, talking to our most trusted salve sisters, and searching the world for fruits, roots, functional mushrooms, and flowers that do more. We found botanicals that help improve our cognitive function, Plants With Purpose that are friendly to your immune system, and help boost your body, as well as herbs and essential oils that are adaptogens to help you find your calm. Then we got to work and created a new kind of herbal deodorant - Plants For Your Pits.
How does it work?
Our armpits are composed of mostly soft tissue and a large number of lymph nodes (about 20 clumps) with one clump closer to the surface. These lymph nodes are an important part of our body's immune system. They produce lymphocytes that fight infection and filter toxins. Some studies show a significantly higher absorption in the armpit. That’s why deodorants with toxic ingredients have been such an issue over the years. If you've used them, you’ve likely been absorbing some pretty bad stuff on a daily basis.
At Sierra Sage we have been exploring the transdermal absorption of plants over the last 10 years. The lipid infusion process is our superpower and we are passionate about perfecting our formulas to optimize the effectiveness of the concentration of the plants, the oils which transport the plants, and ensuring that they absorb well to do the most Good.
We believe this is just the beginning of a new way of managing our overall health and wellness through a fairly ritualistic practice we do every day!
Plants For Your Pits
Our renewed plant study brought us back to some old favorites like Lavender, Sage, and Patchouli, while it has us pondering: is the world ready for functional mushrooms and Grapefruit in their armpits?
We brought our new herbs, oils, flowers, and mushrooms together and started imagining how we could do more for our wellness intentionally. We thought about you and your day–and the different things you might need–depending on how it’s going. We made a plan for a first batch and then worked and reworked the formulas until they met our radical “Plants For Your” criteria:
- They have to do more for mind + body.
- The potency of each ingredient has to be just right.
- They have to absorb well.
- They have to be gentle yet effective.
- They have to be organic/all-natural/non toxic.
- They have to be packed with an intentional mixture of body-loving vitamins + minerals.
- And most importantly, the deodorants have to fight moisture and odor too.
Plants With Purpose
For this trio and the premiere of Plants For Your Pits, we thought it would be great to try boosting the body in three different ways. That premise and the aroma profiles of our ingredients helped us narrow in on the best botanical combinations. Here’s what we finally settled on after countless pit swipes and sleepless nights.
For Clarity + Focus
Some days you need a little help shaking off the brain cloud
- Grapefruit - brightens your senses and mood, and is rich in beta carotene and lycopene.
- Patchouli - We know. We know. This one’s had a bad rap, but you should look again. Patchouli is unique in the plant kingdom and great for mood. We use it subtly.
- Rosemary - can help with clarity and is packed with antioxidants that are great for the body.
- Ginkgo Biloba - is grounding and can help focus and is full of free-radical-fighting flavonoids.
For Immunity + Defense
Some days you need a lift and some support to renew and get through
- Cedarwood - is a great defense for your body and mood grounding among other things.
- Siberian Fir - is relaxing, soothing to the skin, and can help you feel like you’re breathing easier.
- Reishi Mushrooms - are immune friendly, adaptogenic, and rich in antioxidants.
- Echinacea - is a great defense for your body, and moisturizing for your skin.
So you can Relax + Adapt
Some days you need to take a breath and choose a new path
- Lavender - is relaxing, soothing, and calming.
- Bergamot - is rich in vitamins A & C and its crisp citrus scent can help you feel alert.
- Ashwagandha - is calming, soothing, and great for your skin.
- Holy Basil - is also an adaptogen, is packed with antioxidants, and can be cooling, too.
As you can see, we found some pretty amazing plants, and that’s not the half of it. There are too many benefits for some of these ingredients to even try to list them all. We highly recommend doing even more research when you have some time. We always suggest knowing what is in your skin and body care even when it’s natural and organic, like our deodorants.
With Plants For Your Pits you can take advantage of the many aromatic and adaptogenic benefits throughout the day. Had a tough meeting and need to refresh and recenter? Grab your handy deodorant, give it a swipe or two, take a deep breath, and get back at it. Something so simple that you already do.
It’s time to rethink odor and wetness protection. It’s time to get rid of the toxins, go natural, and expect more. It’s time to consider wellness as we choose between our everyday skin and body care options. We are excited and proud to be able to help lead this charge with innovative plant-based solutions. Stay tuned throughout the year, because we are already working on even more ways to use Plants For Your daily health and wellness.
In the meantime, please explore our site. There are plenty of examples of Green Goo products utilizing Plants With Purpose to do more. Our peppermint toothpaste is a great case in point, along with our everyday skincare salves.
We hope you enjoy our new deodorant line - Plants For Your Pits. If you give it a try, let us know what you think. We can’t wait to hear which one you chose and how it worked for you.
I would like to buy some products