5 Reasons to Buy a Good Moisturizing Conditioner
In truth, if you want your hair to look its best, you need to be using a moisturizing conditioner. This hair care product has the vital nutrients and minerals your hair needs to stay healthy and grow stronger over time. More importantly, moisturizing conditioners can stop your hair from drying out and help you avoid those annoying split ends and tangles that never seem to go away.
Not convinced? Let’s break down the top five reasons you should buy a great moisturizing conditioner.
Even better, we might just have the perfect conditioner for your hair at the end of this guide!
What Are Moisturizing Conditioners?
Moisturizing conditioners are a type of hair conditioner. But let’s back up and get our basic definitions down first.
- Hair conditioner: a type of hair product designed to nourish, protect, and sometimes moisturize your hair
- Hair shampoo: a cleaning product that can clean your scalp and the strands and roots of your hair
- Leave-in conditioner: a different type of conditioning product that adds a shine or sheen to hair, along with additional moisturization and nourishment
A moisturizing conditioner is a basic type of conditioner product that has one or more moisturizing ingredients. This type of conditioner is used by women with all types of hair, because hair easily be dried out from the weather or just from general wear and tear.
In all cases, moisturizing conditioners are meant to be used after shampooing your hair since most shampoo products can strip your hair of its healthy oils and nutrients in its efforts to clean debris. Moisturizing conditioners can restore that lost hydration and “seal” your hair strands to prevent more precious moisture from escaping.
How Do Moisturizing Conditioners Help Your Hair?
In a nutshell, a conditioner does the job of protecting and nourishing your hair after shampoo cleanses it. Shampoo is primarily used to get rid of dirt and excess oil from your hair and wash away dead skin cells from your scalp. Like cleansers on your skin, this has a tendency to remove the natural moisture and some of the healthy oils that your hair actually needs.
You see, your scalp naturally produces a certain amount of hair oil that should spread down to the tips over time. But regularly shampooing your hair prevents this from happening, meaning you need to replace the oils and moisture yourself.
Without that oil, your hair strands will dry out and eventually fray or split. Worse than that, they’re susceptible to additional environmental damage and won’t grow as healthily as they would otherwise.
Moisturizing conditioners restore the oil, nutrients, and moisture that is lost from regular shampooing. They also add defensive benefits so your hair is less vulnerable to damage as the day goes on.
Why Should You Use a Moisturizing Conditioner?
Let’s take a deeper look at all the benefits that a moisturizing conditioner can offer your hair.
They Moisturize and Nourish
As the name suggests, a moisturizing conditioner’s primary purpose is to, well, moisturize your hair.. Moisturizing conditioners utilize ingredients like aloe vera, coconut oil, and argan oil to help nourish and hydrate your hair from the roots to the tips.
They Help Nourish Your Hair
Dry hair becomes brittle. As a result, those with dry hair usually have split ends or frayed hair. Split ends can eventually lead to hair that plain falls out or looks ragged and frizzy, becoming worse over time as the split ends make their way up the strand.
But a moisturizing conditioner can stop this from occurring since it stops your hair from drying out in the first place. Even better, many of the best moisturizing conditioners come with vitamins and nutrients. Plant-based moisturizers in particular take advantage of naturally nourishing ingredients like sunflower and geranium. Your hair follicles – the tiny nodules at the roots of your hair strands responsible for repairing and growing new hair – can produce stronger hair overall when they receive the nutrients they need to stay healthy.
Moisturizing Conditioners Make Detangling a Lot Easier
Lots of women have to deal with tangled hair and have to wrestle with their brush to get things straight and neat. But with a moisturizing conditioner, your hair will be easier to brush through and more pliable overall rather than becoming brittle. You can much more easily detangle your hair and won’t have to worry about breaking your hair or pulling strands free. How cool is that?
In other words, a moisturizing conditioner can make your morning hair routine a lot smoother and faster.
Moisturizing Conditioner Helps Support Your Overall Hair’s Health
Want to grow your hair out without having to deal with lots of split ends or brittle hair strands? Try using a moisturizing conditioner. As mentioned before, many of the vitamins and nutrients in some of the best conditioners will help give your follicles the support they need to be able to produce new hair strands that are strong and healthy.
You may even see your hair grow a little faster than you’d expect! While you shouldn’t expect your hair to suddenly lengthen like Rapunzel’s, you might shave off a number of weeks as you grow your hair if you use moisturizing conditioner to give your locks the nutrients it needs to be healthy!
Green Goo’s Rosemary and Mint Conditioner: A Perfect Pick for Radiant Hair
Our carefully formulated Rosemary and Mint Conditioner is a perfect example of the type of conditioner we’ve been discussing. Let’s break it down:
- It contains all kinds of excellent essential oils and natural ingredients that provide vitamins and minerals to your hair roots and strands, like rosemary leaf oil, sunflower seed oil, aloe vera, coconut oil, and the ever-so-popular-for-hair argan oil.
- It’ll give you the nourishing, hydrating, moisturizing effects your hair wants and needs, largely because of the aloe vera, but the other oils and fruit extracts work to this effect as well. As a result, you won’t need to worry about your hair drying out over the course of even a couple of days between washes.
- It features natural fragrances that, while pleasant, aren't too powerful. Rosemary and mint are common hair fragrances, but we made sure to use just the right amount to make sure the scent isn’t overwhelming.
- Did we mention that it’s made of all-natural oils and plants? There’s no need to worry about harsh chemicals or synthetic ingredients harming your hair in the long run.
- It’s a great conditioner if you’re concerned about the environment. No parabens or other synthetic chemicals will end up in the environment after being washed down your drain. All the stuff we use in this conditioner is biodegradable.
- Lastly, this conditioner can add an amazing shine to your hair thanks to the oils we use in its formula.
At the end of the day, a moisturizing conditioner is a crucial part of any hair care routine. Without a great conditioner supporting and nourishing your hair, it’s much more likely to get dry or brittle over time and you’ll have to deal with split ends and broken hair much more frequently.
Ultimately, we’d highly recommend you use a moisturizing conditioner. It can go a long way toward helping your hair look and feel as lustrous as you desire.
Let us know if you have questions about our moisturizing conditioner or our other all-natural, plant-based Bath and Spa products!